Many people ask that "can I just play iPod iTunes music video movie on Windows Media Player?", the answer is "Yes" as long as you have a right DRM removal & media converter. Actually, once you get to an appropriate media converter, you can even play music video movie from Windows Media Player on iPod or iTunes the same. Here this tutorial is going to tell you how and why.
Why can't you play iPod iTunes music video movie on Windows Media Player
1. iTunes music video movie has DRM (Digital Rights Management) which attempts to control use of digital media by preventing access, copying or conversion by users to other formats or players. (Files with DRM restrictions are generally obtained from Subscription Services and must be updated periodically to have the License revalidated. Upon expiring, the files will prompt to "please sync to continue your music subscription" when selected on the MP3 player.)
2. iTunes iPod music, video, movie are in unique formats that can't be recognized by Windows Media Player. As you might know, iTunes iPod music is in AAC (DRM'ed .m4p and non-DRM .m4a) format, video and movie are in DRM-protected .m4v or .mov formats, while WMP plays .wma, .mp3 audio and .wmv, .avi ,.mp4 video.
How to play iPod iTunes music video movie on Windows Media Player
Now you might know the reason why I referred "a right DRM media converter" at the begining, we need it to remove DRM and convert file format.
1. Aimersoft Media Converter is one of such "DRM media converters" needed here. Download the free version, install and launch it just as what you do with other software, then you go to the main interface as the picture shows bellow:
2. There you see the "Add" button in red circle to import DRM'ed iPod iTunes media files, or you can just drag-and-drop them to the main window directly. Then go to Setting in red circle to preset the target output effect you want including file format (.wma and .wmv is recommended), bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, resolution etc
3. When finish the effect presetting, back to the main window, click Start button lower-right positioned to convert iPod music video movie to Windows Media Player. Time of conversion varies according to the file size, generally a 15 Mb album costs 2-3 mins.
4. Then you get DRM-free .wma .wmv out of iPod iTunes music video movie to play on WMP. As what was sated previously, this DRM Media Converter can help to convert Windows Media Audio & Video to iPod iTunes playable MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF, FLAC music or MP4, M4V, MOV video vice versa --- whether they are protected by Microsofts Plays for Sure DRM system or just plain .wma .wmv files. Then you can sync Windows Media Audio & Video to iPod as what you do from iTunes to iPod.
While now you see, playing iTunes iPod music video movie on Windows Media Player is just as easy as syncing Windows Media Audio & Video to iPod iTunes as long as you have the access to a helpful DRM media converter.
You might also like to check for even more How-To transfer the DRM protected music, video, movie to media devices like iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP, Xbox 360, PS3, Creative Zen, Archos, Sansa, Iriver, Samsung, Cowon, Sony Walkman, as well as mobile phones like HTC, Blackberry, Sony Erricsson, LG, Nokia, Motorola, etc.